Owning a Thermomix is great for many reasons, my favourite being that it makes it so easy to be healthy! You can easily sneak extra healthy goodies into the foods you prepare without much extra effort. So today I wanted to share some of my easy tricks with you – and ask for yours!
5 Thermomix Healthy Hacks (i.e. how to include extra nutrition into your meals!)
- Pizza Topping: when making pizzas (on a gluten free base naturally, purchased from the Subiaco Farmers Markets!) I often make a topping with onion, spinach, tomato, capsicum and avocado. Chuck it all in thermie and chop it well then spread over your pizza. It’s also good on crackers or sandwiches.
- Soups: when making soups I leave the skin on pumpkins, carrots etc and just blend for longer. You can hardly tell! I also add spinach to every soup I make. No one is any the wiser…
- Nut & Seed Toppings: when you have a spare 5 minutes, make some LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds) or any other ground nut mix (I’m going to try this one from 123 Nourish Me). Keep it in the fridge and whenever you eat granola or yoghurt sprinkle this over it. This adds a nice crunch and extra nutrients!
- General Veggie Sneaking: I add spinach and garlic to pretty much everything I cook – no matter what the recipe! I just chop them up finely with the other ingredients in the recipe. One of the easiest things to make is a big batch of pasta sauce but include in it as many veggies as you have – it will still taste delicious!
- Smoothies: an obvious one, but when making smoothies add anything you want to grind up first (nuts, chia seeds, pepitas etc) and then add your other ingredients. An easy way to incorporate extra healthy goodies into your day!
So there are my tricks, I’m also going to share another post in a few weeks with ways to include extra veggies in your day without thinking – regardless of whether you have a Thermomix or not!
Of course if you want to try any of my Thermomix recipes, check out that page for more inspiration!
Over to you – do you have any Thermomix Healthy Hacks? Share them with us!
Welcome to…Wellness Wednesday!!!
It’s also time for another Wellness Wednesday! Every Wednesday, myself and the lovely Dr Sash over at From The Left Field open a link up and we’d love to see your wellness posts! Anything from clean eating, to fitness, to taking care of your body, taking care of your mind, taking care of the kids, whatever makes you feel good and keeps you well. Simply post your fave wellness post for the week. Sound good? Come join us! x
[inlinkz_linkup id=543183 mode=1]