I’m writing today for your help…and I have a little bit of encouragement to help you help me!!!
Recently I have signed up to participate in the Weekend to End Women’s Cancers 2015, a walk that takes part over two days over 60km. Yep – 60km!! Eeeek! I will join all the other participants in a walk around Perth, camping overnight on the Saturday to be ready to start bright and early the next morning.
What’s the weekend for?
It’s a walk to remember those lives we have lost to breast or gynaecological cancer and a Weekend to celebrate the lives we are saving. Proceeds from The Weekend will enable Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research to advance its groundbreaking cancer research. Harry Perkins Institute will be able to fund innovative new research projects, looking for the genetic clues to help prevent and treat cancers such as breast and ovarian cancer.
Why am I walking?
Well one of my lovely friends asked me to join her, as her team member is no longer able to take part. So I’ve gladly stepped in so we can complete the walk together!
My motivation for agreeing to the walk is to show support for anyone going through treatment for cancer as well as all survivors. Cancer (in various forms) is something that has impacted my life greatly, so anything I can do to help raise money or awareness is really important to me.
It’s also in the hope that raising funds for the Institute will mean my daughters will never have to worry about having to go through cancer treatment.
Walking 60km is well worth that. It’s the least I can do really!
How can you help me?
All participants have to raise $2,000 to be able to take part- so I’m madly trying to raise the funds before the 28th March so I can meet the minimum!
So please help me fundraise for this awesome cause and make my walk truly worthwhile!
To help encourage donations, some amazing businesses that I love (thank you so much) have provided some goodies to make a special wellness hamper for one lucky person!
What’s in this amazing hamper?
- Special Edition of the Love Letter – which will include extra gifts and inspiration cards
- Two gorgeous scented soy candles from Cupcakes by Alli
- A vanilla and cinnamon Lip Nourish from Luk Beautifoods
- A special gift from Meraki & Co – a heart shaped chocolate mould, some kindness cards and chocolate recipe card
- A Kikki K meal planner notebook
Total Value almost $200!!!
To be eligible to win this awesome prize, you simply need to donate any amount to my team and help me arrive at my goal!!!
- Please click on this link to be taken to the donation page
- You will see my smiling face – click on donate online now (the big green button)
- Select the “Friend” option on “Gift Amount” tab and fill out the amount (ANY amount is appreciated). You can remain anonymous if you wish.
- If you have any concerns or wish to discuss the process, please feel free to email me or message me on Facebook.
And that’s it! All donations made up until midnight on the 27th March go into the draw to win the hamper.
Thank you all for your support and kind words – it means a lot to me! Wish me luck for the 60km’s!!!
Raffle fine print:
- Proceeds from this raffle are for charity, for the purpose of fundraising for the Walk to End Women’s Cancers 2015 only.
- Entries close at midnight (Perth time) Friday 27th March 2015.
- Winner chosen at random from all donations received (of any amount) via this raffle.
- Winner will be notified on the Facebook page (and via email if applicable).
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable.