If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you will note most of my recipes are:
1. Snack or desert in nature
2. Contain coconut
3. Contain nuts
4. Are generally “mix and pour” style
This recipe is no exception! I’ve often seen chocolate slice style recipes in café’s and wondered whether I could make a healthier, sugar and gluten free version. I also had lots of walnuts (I know I should like walnuts, but I don’t really! Hence I always have them in the cupboard but rarely use them) and pecans I wanted to use up, so needed to make something with them! So here we are – the goodness of lots of nuts and seeds, coconut and pretty simple. Ok, so you have an extra step with the chocolate topping, but I think it’s worth it. Enjoy!
- Ingredients(Chocolate topping)
- 100g coconut oil
- 20g cacao powder
- 50g rice malt syrup
- Ingredients (base)
- 250g nuts – I use 50g each of almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios and cashews
- 50g pepitas
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 60g Pureharvest rice malt syrup
- 20g coconut oil
- 40g desiccated coconut
- Place all chocolate ingredients to Thermomix bowl. Melt 37 °C, spd 2, 2.5 minutes (or until melted). Set aside and wash bowl. 2. Place nuts, pepitas and sunflower seeds to Thermomix bowl. Mix spd 7, 10 seconds (or until well mixed together).
- Add coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Mix spd 5, 10 seconds.
- Add desiccated coconut. Combine spd 5, 10 seconds.
- Spread mixture into a tray (I use a square tray so the base is fairly thin, but this is personal choice!) and flatten out. Give the chocolate mix a stir, then pour over the top.
- Place in the freezer to set. Once ready, slice into small squares and keep in the fridge.
For a “taller” slice, use a rectangular cake tray.
Mix up the nuts and try different combinations.
Alter the rice malt syrup to taste (depending on what you’re used to).
Welcome to…Wellness Wednesday!!!
It’s also time for another Wellness Wednesday! Every Wednesday, myself and the lovely Dr Sash over at From The Left Field open a link up and we’d love to see your wellness posts! Anything from clean eating, to fitness, to taking care of your body, taking care of your mind, taking care of the kids, whatever makes you feel good and keeps you well. Simply post your fave wellness post for the week. Sound good? Come join us! x
[inlinkz_linkup id=527436 mode=1]