If you have looked at any of my other recipes you will be well aware that two of my favourite things are coconut and chocolate. What would happen if you add them together? Deliciousness of course!
Coconut Rough was one of my favourite “pre quitting sugar” chocolate snacks, so here is a fructose free version for you to try.
- 100g coconut oil
- 20g cacao powder
- 50g nut butter (of your choice, almond or cashew work best)
- 50g Pureharvest rice malt syrup
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Place all ingredients except coconut into thermomix bowl. Melt 37°C,spd 2, 2.5 minutes.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix spd 3, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Pour into chocolate moulds or patty pans. Place in the fridge (or freezer if you are in a hurry!) to set.
If you don’t normally eat sugar with this amount of rice malt syrup the recipe is quite sweet – so you could reduce the amount.
They melt easily, so keep them refrigerated.
Anything! Add some raspberries or chopped nuts in with the coconut – or leave the coconut out for plain chocolate!