According to my calculations (spreadsheet driven, naturally) there are fifty six days until Christmas. That’s eight weeks people. Have you thought about it?
Would you hate me if I told you I’ve already brought some gifts and have a list for the rest? Hmmm…I won’t say anything then. In case you haven’t quite started thinking about it yet, I wanted to share some thought prompting ideas now. I’ve also put together a cute printable!
Tips to get Organised for Christmas
- Write a list of all the people you will be buying presents for this year.
- Work out a budget that you can afford to spend in total.
- Allocate an amount to each person on the list.
- Think about gift ideas.
- Then think about whether the gifts will be purchased online or handmade – so you can allow enough time beforehand. Set a date by when you need to order or make these items.
- Think about events you may have to attend (Playgroup Christmas Party, a street party etc.) and whether you may have to bring a present or cards for the attendees. If so, add them to your list (especially if you want to be crafty!).
- Christmas Day – do you know yet what that will look like? Start thinking about ideas for meals and snacks now. Start buying non-perishables (Champagne anyone?) early when sales are on to save money. You could even add one item to your shop each week so it’s not so hard on your budget.
Bonus Tips for During the Year
- Put money aside each month so at Christmas time you have some savings available.
- Make notes in your phone if people mention things they need, like or want. Then when it comes to Christmas time, you have your list already!
If you would like to download my printable (it looks like the image below), see here. If you feel like you might need a general to do list as well, see my daily planner. Also check out Style for a Happy Home for some further great planning ideas (Danielle’s site is awesome, so much good stuff!).
As always I’ve been pinning away bits and pieces for you, I will continue to grow this collection over the coming weeks! Check out my boards for gift ideas and healthy recipe options.
I’ve also written some other Christmas posts you may find handy:
- Ideas on how to be sustainable this Christmas
- Eco friendly and unique gift ideas
- Not too crafty homemade gift ideas
- Eco friendly christmas crackers
- Great Christmas Reads (from last year)
- Healthy Christmas treats and meal plans
- Not so christmassy – my Father’s Day gift list may be of assistance for the men in your life!
So, tell me – is there anyone out there who doesn’t want to even think about Christmas yet?
And let me know if there is anything in particular about planning a healthy christmas you would like to know!
Please note this post was originally published in 2014 and updated in 2015 with even more goodness!
Welcome to…Wellness Wednesday!!!
It’s also time for another Wellness Wednesday! Every Wednesday, myself and the lovely Dr Sash over at From The Left Field open a link up and we’d love to see your wellness posts! Anything from clean eating, to fitness, to taking care of your body, taking care of your mind, taking care of the kids, whatever makes you feel good and keeps you well. Simply post your fave wellness post for the week. Sound good? Come join us! x