Here we are with another recipe that has COCONUT! And is a SLICE! Sorry but it’s just so easy to make things yummy with coconut and making slices means it’s easy for Miss H to eat. There explained!
Now as for the name…well to be completely honest I can’t think of a name that sounds interesting or enticing…that isn’t just coconut and nut slice. Which I know it is…anyway just make it, regardless of the name it’s really nice with a cuppa or coffee (or both).
Another admission – I had no almonds to make the meal so I used some I had (store purchased!). This resulted in the bottom layer looking nice and white. If you made your own almond meal it would most likely look more “natural”.
- 20g coconut oil
- 10g rice malt syrup
- 50g coconut (shredded, desiccated or flakes – it doesn’t matter!)
- 100g almond meal
- 140g cashews
- 30g cacao
- 30g Pureharvest rice malt syrup
- 20g coconut oil
- Line a baking tray (I use a loaf tin to make it higher – but its personal preference).
- Prepare base - Place coconut oil (20g) in bowl. Melt 37°C, spd 3, 30 seconds (or until melted).
- Add rice malt syrup, coconut and almond meal. Mix spd 8, 20 seconds (until its sticking together). Give it a stir through just to make sure it’s completely mixed.
- Press firmly into lined tin (use overhang of baking paper to press down). Place into freezer whilst you prepare the topping.
- Prepare topping – add cashews, cacao, rice malt syrup and coconut oil into bowl. Mix spd 8, 10 seconds. Stir. Mix spd 7, 30 seconds.
- Press firmly into tin (on top of the base) and place in the fridge. When firm, cut into slices.
The top layer is quite rich, so when you cut your pieces make them smaller than my picture!
You could half the topping if it’s too rich for you.