In my short time in the blogging world I have learnt many things (actually note to self – there’s a good blog post!). The biggest one being the blogging community is a really lovely, friendly bunch of people who love connecting and supporting one another.
That sounds super mushy and over the top, but it’s actually true. And pretty awesome.
So in the spirit of all the warm and fuzzy stuff I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! Yay! What’s that all about you might ask? Well the lovely Shannon from My2Morrows nominated myself and nine other bloggers for the award. She chose a set of questions for us to answer and then we nominate the next ten people to complete it. Sounds like fun (and better than the post I was going to write for today!).
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers, by fellow bloggers. As a way of recognising your blog and a way to connect and discover other fabulous blogs out there.
There are a few rules for the nomination (see it’s not all hugs and kisses in the blogging world, we do have law and order you know):
1. Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Get an award button and display it proudly.
Ok let’s get on with the questions! As you know by now I do like to ramble so I will try and keep it short and sweet (sugar free sweet naturally).
1. Inspiration behind your blog?
I feel like there is so much information on health and wellbeing that isn’t common knowledge and I really wanted to share this with as many people as I can. I honestly believe being healthy is simple and easy if you know where to start. I would like to be that “starting point” for someone….anyone!
2. On your bedside table?
“Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff”. I’ve read it. Twice. And I still sweat the small stuff.
3. Fave song/album?
Now this is a hard one. My musical taste has changed dramatically over the years (as has my appearance, see number 10). I have some old school favs, but my absolute favourite song of all time is “Time after Time” by Cyndi Lauper. Don’t ask.
4. Fave Drink?
Aside from water, which I drink constantly (and is way too boring to say it’s my favourite, you will think I’m crazy!), it would have to be a nice coffee (not instant, no way) or a pot of tea. Prior to my gorgeous girls I would have said a glass of crisp white wine. Ok I lie, several glasses.
5. What were you doing a decade ago?
Errr…well I was 22, working as a Payroll Officer and studying accounting part time. I lived with the husband (who was not the husband at the time) in our absolutely stunning little rental property. Looking back with a mature eye I drank, ate and partied too much. There I said it.
6. Fave quote?
I’m not sure whether to say a quote as in my life mantra or my favourite quote from a movie…so I will go with life quote. My favs are: “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You” by Dr Seuss and “You become what you believe” by Oprah. She’s so clever.
7. Describe your style?
Do I have to? Eclectic stay at home mum – is that a thing? I have lost my style a little of late, but I’m looking to get it back at some point between here and Christmas.
8. Most treasured possession?
Aside from the obvious family and friends…my thermomix! That sounds bad to type it…but it’s true.
9. Favourite holiday destination?
My absolute favourite place of all time is France – more specifically Eze in Nice.
10. What is one random thing that most people don’t know about you?
I had a nose ring when I was a teenager. At this same time I may or may not have had purple hair.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Thanks again to Shannon for nominating me!
My nominations are:
Jo from You had Us at Hello
Elsa from Spoilt Hair Retreat
Sasha from From the Left Field
Jayde from Little Paper Lane
Jacinta from Amity Loves Pink
Shannon from Oh Creative Day
Kylie from Life, Love and Lattes
Nancy from Plus ate six
Giulia from Just Add Lemon
Elizabeth from Eternally Inspired Mama
Please stop by and visit these awesome blogs!
And here are your questions (note: I did borrow a couple of these as I liked them so much!)
- Why did you start a blog?
- What food could you not live without?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you this week?
- If you could pick yourself a new name, what would it be?
- What were you doing a decade ago?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite day of the year?
- You see someone walking out of the toilet with their dress tucked into their underwear. Do you say something, or ignore it?
- If you could swap places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
- What is one random thing people don’t know about you?