Coconut butter is delicious and super easy to make! The recipe below is the Thermomix conversion of the one published by Rachael Allanah….but I can’t take too much credit, the conversion wasn’t difficult! To confirm how easy this is to make, Rachael herself says “know that you can’t stuff this recipe up!”
Read my interview with Rachael to find out more about her approach to food.
Thanks Rachael! :)
- 200g shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch vanilla powder or a few drops of vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- Place all ingredients in Thermomix bowl. Blend spd 8, 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and blend on spd 4 for 6 to 8 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl as required. The length of time you blend for will depend on the consistency you like (I prefer mine runnier, so I blend for longer!).
- Store in a jar out of sunlight.
If you double the mixture, it becomes smoother much faster (it just depends how much butter you want to make!).
Rachael lists some suggested uses:
1.) Eat straight from the jar
2.) Make her Raw Lemon Slice
3.) Use as a spread
4.) Drizzle melted over fruit
5.) Use as a cream replacement in desserts
6.) Add raw cacao to make a chocolate spread/sauce
7.) Use it to make white chocolate bark or super food balls
As per your tastes – add some cinnamon, or cacao – anything really!