Do you love Almond Milk but find making your own sometimes takes way tooooo long? But alas the store brought stuff has too much junk in it!
What to do? Well never fear peeps, being an accountant by trade means I’m always looking for the most efficient way to do things. So I have a solution – my revolutionary speedy Almond milk process.
Ok, ok so maybe it’s not revolutionary. Or particularly extraordinary. But it does save me a heap of time and makes the process feel less labour intensive, so I wanted to share it with you.
- In the picture you will see the “tools” I use to make my almond milk in record time. Aside from the actual ingredients, you will need:
- Glass measuring jug
- Metal Strainer
- Nut Bag
- Vessel for milk (I find one with a wide mouth is best, so you can easily clean it out)
- Optional: material food cover to save using plastic (and save time too!)
- Now you have all that assembled, it’s time to unveil my process!
- Night Before: soak nuts in glass jug, cover with food cover (or whatever you normally use)
- Next day: pour the nuts through the metal strainer and rinse. Place them straight into the thermomix.
- Rinse the glass jug and fill with the 3 cups of water required to make the almond milk.
- Follow my instructions in my how to make almond milk post!
- Strain the mixture through the nut bag into the glass jug and pour into your container. Then refridgerate and you’re done!
If you don’t want to dry it out now, pop it in the freezer for later!
Then use it to make almond and butter cookies, breakfast bars or zucchini loaf!
So how does that sound? It's so much easier to have only a few tools to use!
Do you have a similar process? Maybe it’s better – please share it!
Welcome to…Wellness Wednesday!!!
It’s also time for another Wellness Wednesday! Every Wednesday, myself and the lovely Dr Sash over at From The Left Field open a link up and we’d love to see your wellness posts! Anything from clean eating, to fitness, to taking care of your body, taking care of your mind, taking care of the kids, whatever makes you feel good and keeps you well. Simply post your fave wellness post for the week. Sound good? Come join us! x