One of the foods I’m loving right now is quinoa. That and haloumi. They’re so hot right now. And delish. Enjoy them together for bonus points – add a summer fruit and you have a WINNER!
This recipe is a super delicious, quick and healthy recipe to keep on hand for lunch or dinner. As always it has been husband and toddler tested. It was originally inspired by this recipe at NZ Avocados.
I haven’t given specific quantities below as it’s really up to your tastes and what you have on hand – you really can’t go wrong. Enjoy!
- Cooked quinoa
- Fried Haloumi (see tips below)
- Avocado – sliced
- Nectarine or Mango – sliced into small pieces
- Spinach leaves
- Roasted pumpkin or sweet potato
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- I tbsp Pure harvest rice malt syrup
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Mix together the dressing ingredients. I use a jar to do this – place all the ingredients in and simply shake! Then serve the dressing from the jar – if there are leftovers you can easily pop them in the fridge.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl and gently mix together.
- Add some dressing and stir through – taste before adding more, as the dressing is quite strong. Add enough for your taste and keep the dressing out if anyone wants to add more!
- And that’s it. Yum!
I pre-slice a block of haloumi so it’s quick to prepare the salad. I cook the haloumi in my sandwich press whilst getting everything else ready. You could also fry in a pan or bbq.
Anything! Substitute blueberries or peach for the nectarine – or even leave it out if it’s not your thing!