You might have noticed that I use a lot of coconut. It’s so yummy and really good for you. Make sure you buy “just” coconut, as its common for preservatives to be added (especially in brands stocked in major supermarkets and even “Health” Food stores).
This recipe is so quick and easy you can probably go make it in the next 10 minutes with what you have in the cupboard.
As always at home I have quality control helping me out, so I can confirm both my husband and 19 month old love these.
- 160g coconut (desiccated or shredded – preservative free)
- 40g cashews
- 40g pepitas
- 60g Pureharvest rice malt syrup
- Place all ingredients into bowl. Mix spd 8, 30 seconds.
- Either roll into balls or press firmly into a baking tray or dish.
- Refrigerate and cut (if you pressed into tray) and you are done!
The mixture might seem a bit “greasy” when mixed but will firm up when refrigerated.
This is up to your imagination – try different nuts, seeds and flavours!